Aeroshell Grease 64 – 3 KG Can
Pooleys stock code: SGE564B
Manufacturer's part number: VAR0000083
Previously known as AeroShell Grease 33MS, AeroShell Grease 64 contains AeroShell Grease 33 (ASG33) fortified with 5% molybdenum disulphide. That gives AeroShell Grease 64 extreme pressure properties and makes it essential for lubricating highly loaded, sliding steel surfaces.
AeroShell Grease 64 is a multipurpose, long lasting grease that’ll reduce your costs, make your components last, and help you reduce your lubricant inventory.
Learn more about AeroShell Grease 64, its history, and why and how to use it.
AeroShell Grease 64 specifications
- COMAC – Approved to QPL-CMS-OL-311
- US – Approved MIL-G-21164D
- UK – Approved DEF STAN 91-57
- France – Equivalent DCSEA 353/A
- NATO Code – G-353
- Joint Service Designation – XG-276
Learn the finer details about the applications of AeroShell Grease 64, as well as any health and safety precautions to take with this grease, by looking through the Technical Data Sheet (TDS) and the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) .
About AeroShell Grease 64
AeroShell Grease 64 is an extreme pressure airframe grease based on the proven lithium thickener technology of AeroShell Grease 33, hence why it used to be known as AeroShell Grease 33MS. It can help to extend component life through its exceptional load-carrying and EP properties from fortification using 5% molybdenum disulphide and its excellent wear and corrosion protection.
AeroShell Grease 64 also helps reduce the risk of product misapplication by being fully compatible with AeroShell Grease 33. Together, these greases are perfect partners, thereby helping to reduce costs by protecting over 98% of the grease application points on a typical airliner.
Why use AeroShell Grease 64?
Here are the main benefits that AeroShell Grease 64 offers your aircraft:
- Longer component life through exceptional load-carrying and extreme pressure properties from its formulation with 5% molybdenum disulphide, and excellent wear and corrosion protection1;
- Longer grease life from excellent mechanical stability and controlled oil separation1;
- Reduced costs through excellent protection and longer grease life1;
- Reduced product misapplication risk through complete compatibility with AeroShell Grease 33;
- Peace of mind through the use of proven lithium compound thickener technology;
- Extreme protection through 5% molybdenum disulphide;
- Excellent corrosion and wear protection; and
- Proven AeroShell Grease 33 technology.
1Compared with other currently approved greases.
History of AeroShell Grease 64
The history of AeroShell Grease 64 starts with AeroShell Grease 33. That was the first grease to cover most airframe needs, as well as offering exceptional corrosion and wear resistance. That’s why it was chosen by many respected aviation bodies, including Boeing and Airbus, and was the first to meet the BM 3-33 specification.
Yet, some highly loaded, sliding applications to the airframe still needed a grease that could offer extreme pressure protection. So, using the same technology as ASG33, with molybdenum disulphide added in, AeroShell Grease 33MS was created.
AeroShell Grease 64 is the new name for AeroShell Grease 33 MS
Shell changed the name of AeroShell Grease 33 MS to AeroShell Grease 64 after customers and original equipment manufacturers voiced concerns that its original name was too similar to AeroShell Grease 33.
How to use AeroShell Grease 64
AeroShell Grease 64 uses the same technology as ASG33, which can be used for a variety of airframe greasing requirements and offers outstanding anti-corrosion and anti-wear performance, but is fortified with molybdenum disulphide. This gives AeroShell Grease 64 extreme pressure characteristics and makes it suitable for highly loaded, sliding applications on the airframe.
Typical properties of AeroShell Grease 64
These are some of the technical properties of AeroShell 64, as recorded when tested to the MIL-G-21164D specification. Learn more by reading the AeroShell Book.
- Oil type – Synthetic Hydrocarbon/Ester.
- Thickener type – Lithium Complex.
- Useful operating temperature range – -73°C to +121°C.
- Worked Stability (100,000 strokes) - 305mm to 310mm
- Low temperature torque at -73°C – Starting torque of 0.5Nm and 1 hour running torque of 0.060Nm.
- Anti-friction bearing performance at 121°C – Greater than 1,000 hours on all four runs.
- Extreme pressure properties load wear index – 81.7.
- Copper corrosion over 24 hours at 100°C – Passes the test for the MIL-G-21164D specification .
- Rust prevention/bearing protection over 2 days at 52°C – Passes the test for the MIL-G-21164D specification . No corrosion.
- Colour – Dark grey.
PLEASE NOTE: Not available for guaranteed next day delivery. Please allow 5 working days for delivery.
£137.80 £165.36 inc. VAT (20%)*
Share this product:
Aeroshell Grease 64 – 400G Cartridge
£26.47 inc. VAT (20%)View Product